8500 Grenache Ct
San Jose, California 95135-1421
How can we help you improve the quality and usability of your printed and web content?
Professional Objectives, Services
Fixed-length or ongoing freelance communications opportunities; prefer defined projects involving technical, scientific, and historic topics; for example:
- Research and analysis of communications issues
- Writing, editing, indexing, controlled-vocabulary creation
- Content conversion (for example, unstructured to structured documentation)
- Website creation and management (using frameworks like WordPress and Drupal)
- Artifact and archive curation, preparation, cataloging, photography
High-quality results at a reasonable price. Clients can be in any geography; 80% or more of work must be done offsite.
Experience with typical professional tools/frameworks like XML/DITA, asciidoc, WordPress, Drupal, Microsoft Office, and Photoshop. Strong technical, business, and marketing savvy; creative ideas and efficient implementation techniques.
- XML/DITA documentation for DITA and the DITA Open Toolkit
- XML/DITA documentation for a Drupal 7 module
- Drupal 8 User Guide index
- Markdown-language conversion of technical documentation
- Research on the misuse of a standards organization's proprietary documentation
- WordPress and Drupal websites for small businesses, nonprofits, communities, and individuals
- Papers on sociological and historical topics
- Custom Python scripts that transform content generated through WordPress export to XML/DITA, where it can be further processed to other output formats like PDF
- Python programming language curriculum for high school students
- Artifact and archiving projects for the Computer History Museum (Mountain View, California)
- On-site paleontological, archaeological, and anthropological projects